Ruolin studies Urban Politics and Comparative Politics, and she is interested in questions such as how the great urban transformation influences political and public life, and why?
- Book Chapter: LAI Kaisheng, FANG Ruolin, WU Haiting, ZHANG Zhi’an, HE Linnan,(2016) Online City Groups: A Study on the Sentimental analysis of Chinese Internet Users in Cities. Blue Book on Social Mentality: A Study on Chinese Social Psychology, Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press.
- MPSA Lighting Talk,2019, Imbalanced Power Structure behind Chinese Urban Regeneration: A comparison of Two villager protests in Guangzhou
• B. A. 2012.9-2016 .6 Journalism, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
• M. A. 2016.9 -2018.6 Public Administration, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
• M. A. 2017.9 -2018.12 Social and Political Theory, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Research Currently in Progress
Ruolin's current work is titled Middle Class Housing Precarity: An Assessment of San Francisco and Shenzhen. This research tries to probe the variation of the state-market transaction and state-civil society transaction in San Francisco and Shenzhen, which manifests their different reactions and policy outcomes of housing precarity.